Cars can be a huge convenience and also, an added expense when they’re not taken care of properly. There’s nothing worse than having a huge bill to pay for your car that could have been prevented! Here are our top tips for avoiding expensive car repairs!
- Keep your owner’s manual and refer to it whenever you have a concern about your car. Your owner’s manuals is there to help you understand and better maintain your car. Consider it like a go-to mechanic when you really don’t know what’s wrong!
- Follow the maintenance schedule that’s suggested in your owner’s manual. Proper maintenance is the easiest and simplest way to keep costly repairs at bay. You might be tempted to skip it because it costs money and your car seems to be running fine but a little money spent on preventative can save tons of money on major problems down the road.
- Neglecting your tires. Make sure your tires are properly inflated because driving on under inflated tires can shorten the life of your tires. Plus keeping your tires properly inflated can improve gas mileage.
- Ignoring warning lights or fluid changes. We all know that sometimes we stretch that every 3,000 mile rule on engine oil or we drive for a little too long with that weird light on the dashboard. However, these lights serve a purpose, even if you’re not sure what it is and you swear your car is running fine!
- Ignoring weird sounds. Imagine that your car is trying to talk to you when you hear a weird sound or something doesn’t work like it normally does. Even if it goes back to normal right away, still take it in to get it checked.
As you can see, the easiest way to avoid expensive car repairs is pay attention to your car and take care of the little things on a regular basis!