Looking for a Heating and Air Conditioning Repair and Service ?
Auto HVAC Repair and Maintenance
HVAC – Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning is a very important part of any vehicle. It provides comfort and quality air for the driver and passengers using the principle of thermodynamics.
The entire process is rather ingenious.
Causes of car heating and air conditioning problems
Auto AC compressor
This is getting a special mention because of how important it is for a car’s air conditioning to function properly. Most issues with the AC have something to do with this component – either directly or indirectly.
The compressor pressurizes the AC system and ensures the refrigerant is flowing properly. However, its mode of operation is in form of a cycle that comes on and off. You can only imagine the kind of wear and tear it is subject to as a result of this.
Possible issues here and there likely effects on an automobile AC –
It is noteworthy that the compressor is not the only system required for the AC to work. There’s also the condenser and evaporator which must be functioning properly as well. For an auto AC unit to function, regular services and maintenance of these parts is a must.
Automobile air conditioner quick fixes and repair
You can use the above descriptions on causes of faulty AC unit as some sort of troubleshooting guide. This ought to help you figure out the likely cause of the issue. However, if the issue is complex or one that requires special equipment, then you should leave it to the experts.
What of RVs?
What happens when you go camping and there’s an issue with the RV’s AC? Hopefully, you can do a little RV AC repair.
Cars or RVs, here's what you can do when you notice there's something wrong with the AC
- Identify the issue.
- Turn the AC on and check to see if you can figure out what the issue is.
- Remember to use the guide above.
- Use your nose – A burning smell will point you in the direction of the compressor while a bad odor should take you to clogged air filters.
- Also, search for leaks in the system. Most of this will require expert services, so, take it to the auto repair shop for AC repair and services.
Simpler issues such as low levels of refrigerants can be handled at home.
- Get ready to add the refrigerant. Ensure you purchase the right type for your vehicle.
- Refill the refrigerant, but keep an eye out for leaks.
That should do it. It probably sounds easy, but it is a bit tricky because of the process of recharging the air conditioning unit.
Luckily, we’ve got a few tips that will help you work like a pro –
- Use a thermometer to determine the ambient temperature of the air. At 55OF or below, do not charge.
- Between the regulator and compressor, there should be a low side services port. Locate this and clean it with a rag. Then, attach the charging hose to it.
- Go ahead and add the refrigerant before charging the system.
- Remove the hose and check to be sure the serving port cap is sealed.
Auto Heater Repair
Knowing what to do in such a situation is a great skill. However, there’s only so much you can do here without the aid of a professional. Mostly, this involves either fixing a broken thermostat or adding more antifreeze to the radiator.
Regardless, below are the steps you can take to fix your car heater –
- To add more antifreeze, this is a simple process. Just let the car cool down, then remove the radiator cap and fill up the tank with the antifreeze using a funnel.
- Fixing the heater thermostat is a bit more complicated. You’re better off taking the car to an auto repair expert.
A car’s HVAC system is just as important as every other system in the car. In case of any issues with your car’s HVAC system, contact us at TLC Auto & Truck Repair. We’re a certified auto repair center and we offer HVAC system repair of all kinds. With almost 30 years of service, you can rest assured that your vehicle will be in the best hands.