Diesel Truck Inspections Nearby
Diesel Truck Inspection In Long Island
If you own a diesel truck, you need to have a team you trust on call to take care of ongoing maintenance needs and any issues that might come up. Let our highly qualified specialists be your go-to in times of trouble. Visit our shop for maintenance services to prevent degradation to your diesel engine. We’re your one-stop-shop for all diesel truck inspections and diesel repairs you need.
- Catalytic converter (CAT)
- Exhaust gas recirculation valve (EGR)
- Positive crankcase ventilation system (PCV)
- Air injection system (AIS)
- Evaporative emission control (EVAP)
- Fuel inlet restrictor (FIR)
- Thermostatic air cleaner (TAC)
- Seat Belts
- Frame & Wheel Fasteners
- Windshield & Other Glass
- Windshield Wipers & Blades
- Fuel Leaks
Do I Need An Inspection For My Diesel Truck?
Besides diesel maintenance, we also offer diesel inspections, a necessary service for all auto owners in New York. In order to legally drive your vehicle in New York, you must take it to a NYS diesel truck inspection certified mechanic. TLC auto & Truck Repair Service Center is certified to perform diesel truck inspections to ensure your vehicle is functioning properly.
Besides legal and safety reasons, you may also need a diesel inspection because:
- you were recently in an accident and need your diesel truck checked out
- you recently purchased a used diesel truck and you want it looked at
Whatever your need be, we’re here to ensure the highest quality and standard of service to keep you and others safe on the road. Keep in mind that these inspections are required annually if your vehicle is registered within DEMA (Diesel Emissions Metropolitan Area).
Check out our Diesel Emissions Inspection Cost Guide
Do You Need An Inspection If Registered Outside of DEMA?
If your diesel-powered vehicle is registered outside of DEMA, you do not need an annual inspection. However, you may be subject to a random roadside diesel emissions inspection.
What Our Diesel Inspections Include
Customer satisfaction is top priority at TLC, which is why we offer additional perks with every diesel inspection.
- Diesel emissions inspection (a.k.a. smoke opacity test). Most diesel-powered vehicles that have a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) greater than 8,500 pounds and are registered in the New York Metropolitan Area, are required to take a smoke opacity test. This includes all vehicles registered in one of the five counties in NYC, Nassau, Suffolk, and Rockland counties. If this is you or you have any questions on whether or not you’re in need of a diesel emissions inspection, call us at (631) 753-2211. We’re happy to answer any and all questions, and/or schedule an appointment for your diesel truck inspection.
- We offer free pickup and dropoff services for you. We understand that you may not have the means to wait around for us to complete your diesel truck inspection. Maybe you only have one car, you need to run errands, or you have to pick up your kids. Whatever the case, we understand that sometimes you need that extra time/help in the form of pickup and dropoff services. We’ve got you covered.
Why Choose TLC'S Diesel Inspection Services
Whether you use your diesel truck or car for work or enjoyment, our diesel experts can make sure that it remains the powerful performance vehicle that you rely on. We have the latest technology and equipment to make sure your diesel truck maintenance services are performed correctly the first time. We promise to work quickly and efficiently to get you back on the road as soon as possible – we know it’s hard to be without your truck!
...Our Diesel Services Are Guaranteed
Whether your truck needs a simple oil change or brake check, or if it needs new tires, emissions testing, engine repairs, transmission services or more, we’ve got you covered. Our technicians are trained in New York State inspections. Our diesel services will save you time, money and hassle. We invite you to stop by, call, or schedule your appointment online today. Discover why we’re the best choice for diesel repair and diesel truck inspections.
...We Offer Additional Diesel Services
Besides NYS Diesel Truck Inspections, we also offer trailer inspections. Does something seem off about your diesel-powered vehicle? Is your check engine light on? Brakes funky? Recently in an accident? Bring in your diesel vehicle and we’ll take a look. If you’re coming in for a tune up , why not take care of your diesel inspection at the same time. Saving time and money is the name of the game at TLC Auto, and we’re experts at both.